Music Banter - View Single Post - Fetishes, sexual repression, polyamory vs monogamy etc. discussion
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 10:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
@tristan there's been very little research on the subject due to the taboo nature of it, so it is difficult to really know the source of paedophilia. I personally don't think that most fetishes would lead someone down that path, but I guess that it is possible.
This is mainly my point. While he may (and I'm sure does) not mean to, Tristan makes a definite connection between all fetishes and paedophilia. It's just not the same thing.
Quote:
@TH I understand your side but I also think you're holding a double standard here. Not all paedophiles are child molesters and despite the horrible nature of it, it is quite plainly a fetish. That doesn't delegitimize any other fetishes in any way.
I would wonder about that. If you're a paedophile isn't it endemic that you molest children? They can't (legally) consent, so surely it's molestation either way, at least in the eyes of the law. Did you see Broadchurch? As for the last sentence, well perhaps what I mean is it's not as accepted or understood a fetish as some of the more mainstream ones. Maybe. I certainly would not consider it a legitimate fetish, and would never want to see it being given any kind of legitimacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Outed.
Inned.