Music Banter - View Single Post - Fetishes, sexual repression, polyamory vs monogamy etc. discussion
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
What is the distinction between a fetish and a sexual disorder for you? Personally, I think that there is some overlap but again, that absolutely does not mean that every fetish is good or bad or otherwise. Each thing should be considered on its own account, because duh. I consider paedophilia to be both a fetish and a disorder. I don't think that the amount of repulsion I have to something changes what it's called.
I obviously can't answer that. I don't really consider anything a sexual disorder, because what do you base it against? Missionary position, is this the starting point? Or man with woman? Or sex without any kind of violence even if consensual? I don't know. "What is normal" is I suppose the real question?

But I just have zero tolerance for paedophiles, like I think a lot of people. Sure, maybe there are those who will never act on their desires, but if, for instance, you knew one of these people were that way inclined and you knew them personally, and had kids, do you not think you would be careful/uncomfortable around them? On the other hand, if you know someone is into some sort of bedroom fun, be it dressing as Spiderman, using handcuffs, dressing as a baby, whatever, would you be as repulsed?

Going back to my main point: Tristan should not I believe have said "paedophilia and other sexual disorders", implying that all fetishes, no matter how harmless or how much they're kept private, are related to this, nor indeed that they're sexual disorders. Just because someone feels differently or likes non-mainstream things, are they then suffering from a sexual disorder? If you like Beefheart and I like Genesis, is either of us, in the eyes of the other, suffering from a musical disorder? No; we simply like different things, and we're free to do that. So it should be with sex. Who the hell wants to be normal anyway?