Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 07:18 PM   #2008 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

So huge department store chain Nordstroms decides to drop Ivanka Trump's brands from all stores citing declining sales.

Trump tweets: My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person -- always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!

Sean Spicer during today's press briefing says: "I think this is less about his family's business and an attack on his daughter," Spicer said. "He ran for president. He won. He's leading this country. I think for people to take out their concern about his actions or his executive orders on members of his family, he has every right to stand up for his family and applaud their business activities, their success."

A lot of Trump's supporters are pushing for boycotts of Nordstrom.

Questions:

1. Both Trump and his daughter were suppose to divest their interests in their personal businesses. So why is Trump so upset?

2. Should the President of the US use his position of power to try and influence the success or failure of a publically traded company based on purely personal reasons and out of spite?

3. Whatever happened to make America great again. Nordstrom employs 72,500 people here in the US. What if the boycott takes hold and some of those people end up losing their jobs.

Oh, and T.J Maxx, Marshalls, and Neiman Marcus are starting to follow suit with Ivanka's brands. Get ready to fire up your Twitter Donald.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”