Music Banter - View Single Post - The Indie & Alternative Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 01:34 AM   #741 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanum View Post
Hey there! I'm looking for music recommendations that are similar in mood to 'Chrystals' by Harp. I can't post the link yet, but it's pretty easy to find on youtube if you search that name.

Specifically, the elements that I'm looking for are the soft acoustic sound, with a slightly medieval or fantasy feel (It feels that way to me, at least). I also really like the haunting and mysterious tone, maybe a little dreamlike or surreal.

Other music I like:
Fleet Foxes
Midlake (the earlier albums)
Lord Huron

Unfortunately, none of these artists quite reach the mood I want, but it might help give you an idea of my taste?
I like Pentangle, Trees, Midwinter and Mellow Candle. Early period Genesis like Harlequin and a few tracks off of Trick of the Tale are haunting and mysterious imo. I like First Aid Kit too, a little more Country than Medieval Folk. Nick Drake is another. I don't know if they play that style of music to create that mood you are looking for.

Genesis - Harlequin

Marble Sounds - The Time to Sleep

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 02-09-2017 at 01:50 AM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote