Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you religious?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 04:25 AM   #877 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I'm not an anti-theist. An anti-theist claims there is no god, I claim there is no reason to accept theistic claims of god as true aka an atheist (also a non anti-theist). I assume this is what you're referring to as a soft atheist.

Here is a good explanation if you want to better understand my position. If you're not as dense as the caller the first 6 or so minutes is all you really need to watch:

I don't get this need for the first thing an athiest wants to do is insult theists, people like Hamid. Now I have not aassumed any one on either side of the debate is dense, and I don't why you have to immediately say the caller Hamid is dense. The caller has his opinions, the host has opinions. The host acts like a preacher man cause he has an Amen choir, his sidekick. Athiest don't believe in God but they sure borrow heavily from church and religion. The only thing I fault Hamid for not knowing is that this is like a shell game, or guess a number. If they asked Hamid to guess a number they would be yelling "no, no, no" pretty the same way. They say "give me something to believe in" something like that, well it's obvious that they already made up their mind.

The host believe is all kind of stuff he can not prove, like the food he eats that isn't going to make him sick. He doesn't bring his take out to a lab to see if there is any thing in it that makes him sick. He just eats it, blinding believing the his take out isn't his last meal.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote