Music Banter - View Single Post - The Energy Crisis: Are You Worried?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

Default The Energy Crisis: Are You Worried?

I'm not going to go into too much detail (although this is a topic that I have keen interest in).

Anyone at all concerned about the energy crisis around the corner? The possibilities of oil depletion within the next few decades? The dependence on foreign oil, particularly from potentially dangerous areas in the Middle East and third-world countries? The reality that coal will not last forever?

I watched an unbelivable video called Arithmetic, Population, and Energy, which goes into great detail into Hubbert's Peak Oil theory, which basically says oil production will reach a maximum peak, and eventually can only decline. Experts believe we have either reached this peak or are quickly approaching it. It is also believed about 75% of all available oil has already been discovered, and more than half of the oil supply already used. With overpopulation, and the ever increasing demands of growing economies in China and India, is there a solution, that can prevent a global recession?

Renewable or alternative energy- is there hope?. What's practical, from an environmental and economic standpoint? Solar cells? Corn-based ethanol?

Will we ever see crude oil prices around $10 a barrel? Probably not. Experts believe it will level around $40-50/barrel, but not before it reaches excessive peaks ($120/barrel!). Does Iran and Saudi Arabia have America by the balls?
hookers with machineguns is offline   Reply With Quote