Music Banter - View Single Post - Echoes of Antiquity
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 05:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I guess what I am going for is the "intriguing-looking albums" look. I want the thread to be sorta like a used record bin the kind at a brick and mortr record store. Where you can thumb through the album covers however here if you see something interesting just click on the album cover and give a listen.
^ This is a great theme/metaphor for your thread, Neapolitan. I'm sure many of us have spent some indulgent hours checking out used-record bins. I know I have. I didn't realize we could click on your album covers, so that's a tip in itself which gives an extra dimension to your thread.

And it's thanks to that function, that I'm listening to Whalefeathers' second album as I type ... it's a pretty good album so far. I like it more now that the hectic pace of the first two tracks has slackened, and we have It's a Long Way Home (as you say, very ABB style!) plus the interesting Bastich and Shadows; I always like a song that's long enough to stretch out and explore different instruments/moods.

I haven't had time to listen to many your recs, but but I'll certainly be moving on to Midwinter next, based on your description, and Stephen's (guarded) approval:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I quite like that from the few tracks I just heard. Will have to give them a proper listen. Vocals remind me of Vashti Bunyan. Thanks for the tip Neapolitan.