Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does there seem to be a stigma attached to advocate for Men's Rights?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #464 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
the history of racism in our police couldn't possibly be contributing to the approximentatly 5:1 rate at which blacks are killed by officers

Don't worry no problems here we crunched the numbers
i mean if you want to ignore the high concentration of crime and violent crime in black communities then sure go for it. it doesn't help that the media is telling black people that cops will shoot them just for being black, nor does it help that every time an "unarmed black male" is shot in the united states they decide to leave out the majority of the details. unarmed doesn't mean innocent and one race being killed at a higher rate than an other does not immediately mean racism. i know it's easier to group all of these cases of police brutality into a little umbrella of racism so that we don't need to look any deeper, but the fact of the matter is if you refuse or resist arrest then you run the risk of having violent force used on you. i would never argue that there aren't corrupt or racist police officers, but using a handful of youtube videos of police brutality as a basis for this entire cause like the media tends to do is so incredibly naive.

it's a cycle of poverty leading to crime and crime leading to stricter policing and in a lot of cases even racial profiling. is that horrible? yes. but it does not mean police are shooting black people just for being black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote