Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 11:26 AM   #2176 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
I mean, this mindset is fine and all, but it's no longer considered an experiment when the country gets pushed back further than expected. Nothing seriously terrifying has happened because people have fought back, but what happens when we can no longer fight back?
Hah. The last decade or more was an experiment as well. Pushed back further than expected? Other than the stimulus bill, Obama didn't do anything in his past eight years in office that you'll find too much consensus with people on...especially in regards to foreign policy. I also consider the ACA and the whole "make Wall-Street accountable for what they did" to be failed ventures. He's a smart guy, but to me he dropped the ball on things that would have potentially brought about real change in Washington. You can blame a lot on the GOP, but what I just mentioned? All on him and his cabinet.

As far as I can tell, Trump has pretty much gotten his way in office from start to finish with the exception of a few courts putting a lid on his immigration order. Which is fine, as what he did was too broad in scope and not specific enough to be useful. Which is why he's gone back to the drawing board. Being the CEO of a global empire may have parallels with the POTUS office, but Trump is starting to learn that there are roadblocks that you won't run into in a private enterprise. Maybe he'll grow from the experience.

And thus the experiment continues.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.