Music Banter - View Single Post - Echoes of Antiquity
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 04:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ This is a great theme/metaphor for your thread, Neapolitan. I'm sure many of us have spent some indulgent hours checking out used-record bins. I know I have. I didn't realize we could click on your album covers, so that's a tip in itself which gives an extra dimension to your thread.
I'm still flipping through albums, but this time they're on YouTube. So most of my recs are from there, and if their on Spotify I try to mention that too. YouTube is notorious for yanking videos. So I thought if that happens without me knowing about it, at least the album cover will still be seen. I understand some people don't like YT sound quality, but it's not too much of a problem with me, it all depends. If their OK quality I don't mind posting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
And it's thanks to that function, that I'm listening to Whalefeathers' second album as I type ... it's a pretty good album so far. I like it more now that the hectic pace of the first two tracks has slackened, and we have It's a Long Way Home (as you say, very ABB style!) plus the interesting Bastich and Shadows; I always like a song that's long enough to stretch out and explore different instruments/moods.

I haven't had time to listen to many your recs, but but I'll certainly be moving on to Midwinter next, based on your description, and Stephen's (guarded) approval:-
I posted Whalefeather pretty much as soon as I found them. Even though I enjoyed them the first time around, I really hadn't had time for them to sink in, I hope they hold up as a decent rec. I listen to the Midwinter album quite a few times, and still like it. I found them after I discover the Trees and I have yet to post their albums.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote