Music Banter - View Single Post - Dreams
Thread: Dreams
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 08:17 AM   #817 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Dreamed a long and strange dream (since I actually slept for more than two hours for once). I moved to some place in the midwest-- not a particularly memorable place. I was living in some sort of girls' boarding school. I was afflicted with some unusual sleeping sickness-- the girls would drift in and out of the room, offering me food, brushing my hair.
Then one morning (this dream was several weeks long in dream-time!), I came into my room to find a catatonic clone of myself laying in my bed. At first, it looked more like a realistic mannequin, but it gradually became more and more lifelike as I inspected and stared at it. (My clone-self was blonde whereas my hair was/is red, and its eyes darker though mine are already nearly black) Once it blinked at me, I recoiled but still remained in bed; I simply turned over and hid under the blankets, hoping it wouldn't come any closer to me. When I woke up, I looked into the mirror to find my hair was blonde, too which deeply irritated me. I began packing my things so I could move away.

(Edit: I don't know if any of you are familiar with hypnagogic hallucinations-- the ones that can occur when drifting off to sleep-- but I got a lot of those last night, which is odd since I almost never do. Sleep paralysis, too. At one point I woke up at around 1 am, unable to move--except for my left arm, which was twitching violently-- while hearing arguing coming from nowhere. Quite bizarre.)

BUT WAIT! There's more. The next day (in dream-time) I went to school and, while fiddling with something in the workshop, my long-estranged childhood best friend came waltzing in-- we locked eyes and practically leaped into each other's arms, and decided (somehow telepathically) that we were going to find the secret portal (which existed in a certain classroom, one which only the dead students were allowed in--yeah, I don't know either) ! There was a hell and we were going to find it.

The teacher of that class/portal immediately knew we weren't actually dead like the other girls; he sighed wearily and said that we could stay, anyway. Something distracted us, though; we forgot our entire mission and began plotting other things, and ended up lost in some other confusing city with crooked neon-painted houses atop black gravely hills. That's about when I finally woke up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff View Post
The one that does exist? One I saw an article about that was a free subset of this year's SXSW. I don't recognize any of the bands on the lineup so idk why I dreamt about it.
Ah, I see.

Last edited by Chiomara; 02-15-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote