Music Banter - View Single Post - TV shows cancelled before their time
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 10:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default TV shows cancelled before their time

We've all been watching a series, enjoyed it, hoped for the next season and then BANG! Cancelled. Moan about those shows here, and maybe say why you liked them or thought they should have been given a better chance to gain ratings.

Brimstone: At its time, one of the most clever and incisive shows around, with dead cop Zeke Stone makes a deal with the devil: he will be released from Hell in order to track down hundreds of damned souls that have escaped and returned to Earth. Star turn by John Glover as the Prince of Darkness, and the whole thing had a real film-noir/Angel Heart thing going. It should have been a huge hit but didn't even get one season.

V: The reboot. I really enjoyed it, and the damn thing ended on a cliffhanger.

Threshold: Another one cancelled mid-season, even though Brannon Braga was involved. Great idea about an alien virus. Not unique, no, but well written and deserved better than it got.

The Following: As per my comments in the main thread, I had hoped this would develop and grow, but they cancelled it after season three, leaving many loose ends, well, loose.

Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles: Trying to bring a huge franchise like this to the small screen was a tall order, and the show suffered a little in season two, but was really picking up at the end, and about to go in a new, shocking direction when the axe fell. On a related note, it featured Lena Headey, who we would all go on to love and loathe as Cersei Lannister.

I'm sure there are, sadly, many others, and I'l return to them in due course.