Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 10:49 PM   #2423 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
The US is a melting pot though. When you talk about race are you talking about simply skin color? 95% of this country doesn't have roots on US soil that date back more than a few generations. So what race are you talking about?
It's something I've seen brought up before in a few think pieces related to Black Lives Matter (among others). The argument being that even though the U.S. is a melting pot, no matter which "culture" reigns it will inevitably be racist to some degree if they achieve any kind of longstanding majority.

I don't know if social evolution is truly possible with the way things are, but I think there's some merit to the analysis. Acknowledging racism as a problem all people share instead of just whoever the perceived majority is would be a start to fixing it. That won't happen under a Trump administration here of course...

It was also mentioned that you have some people screaming about white privilege, for instance, but there are many "non-racist" whites who feel as though there are places they are not welcome because they are white.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.