Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 12:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I'll let you vote on it then: who wants a week and who wants two?

I should also add some more stuff. So I will.
I've been thinking about the genre thing, and I wonder if it's fair to force people to pick certain genres? Like, if you're next up and you have to do a jazz album, and know nothing about jazz, is it fair to say you have to do that? I'm starting to think of relaxing that, letting people pick what they want and just trusting that we have a diverse enough group here that we won't all be listening to the latest Pitchfork playlist, which I know we won't. What do you think?

This will be a generally open club, so anyone can join any time, but if you decide to join in the middle of a listening cycle you may have to wait before you can join in. Certainly, if you come in in the middle of an actual review date, then you will have to wait. To clarify that: let's say we've got an album to listen to by, say, March 9. A new member arrives on March 2. That's still time (assuming they're up for it) to listen to the album and get in on the reviews. But joining March 7 would probably not be. Any new member, once added, can of course suggest an album for their turn, as can anyone else, but only one album per member per turn.

I'm thinking of making it policy not to allow member albums: how does everyone feel about that?