Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 03:57 PM   #2445 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
In what universe? People seem to be getting more, not less, racist, and I'm sure you don't need me to post examples. Even here in Ireland there's violence (admittedly, very sporadic) against minorities and indeed immigrant crime, and I heard two older people say a while back "Why do we need to take them in? Let them go somewhere else!" Fine words, from a so-called Catholic country. Oh no my friend: racism is not only alive and well in the 21st century, it's ****ing thriving, and getting stronger every year.
I agree with Vowels tbh. Maybe it's an age thing (no disrespect intended) and not growing up among other ethnic groups but definitely where I live if you're to come across racism it will be from someone over a certain age. I've seen it from friend's parents a few times. Only ever seen it once from someone my age, which was quite bad and still feel ashamed I didn't do anything.

That's racism from white people though, of course racism doesn't count when the perpetrator is non white but if it did, I've seen more of that. Wasn't that long ago we had those race riots.