Music Banter - View Single Post - Dreams
Thread: Dreams
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 10:01 PM   #822 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
That's fascinating, Nea. I wonder how such things manage to worm their way into the subconscious.
Reminds me a bit of those cases where people allegedly speak perfect French (or whatever) in their sleep despite not having had any prior exposure to the language. Humans are creepy!
I wonder about that too. Like when we dream can we access stuff we will know in the future, or have access to a collective memory - Rupert Sheldrake stuff.

I had this reoccurring dream when I was a kid, and it went like this: I would be outside in an empty lot filled with short cut grass in some neighborhood somewhere in a city. I would look up into the sky to see a giant planet, it wasn't like any planet I knew. It wasn't Jupiter or Saturn, just a huge blue planet in the sky. In the dream everyone stopped what they were doing at the time and came outside to see it. I remember them coming out of their houses and their cars. They gathered in this grassy lot in a crowd to look up at the sky. In the dream the planet's gravity was strong enough it could lift people off the ground and I would see them float into the air till they disappeared. The thing I remember most was I felt like I could fly in the dream. I could fell gravity pulling me up. I would stop dreaming when I got about five or ten feet off the ground. I thought maybe the feeling of flying could be a inner ear thing, so maybe that could be explained. The strange thing is (because I found this out years after I had the dream) there are actually people who believe in a planet that will pass near the Earth, some people call it "Planet X" and others call it "Nibiru." I always wonder about that. It's not only a dream I had, but it's actually part of the stuff the paranormal community believes in. I find that part fascinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post

I saw this picture and it reminded me of a dream I had where I sat down to shit and the bottom of the stall stopped halfway up my chest like in the photo but worse. My dream logic told me that the stall was probably not made for tall people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
I've been having these awful delirious half-awake dreams where I'm stuck with a weird nightmare math or science problem that keeps repeating over and over. I literally have to bite my wrist to snap out of them. It's maddening.
Walking through grey and dingy restrooms and being unprepared for school are both reoccurring dreams I have.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote