Music Banter - View Single Post - Dreams
Thread: Dreams
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 10:22 PM   #823 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I wonder about that too. Like when we dream can we access stuff we will know in the future, or have access to a collective memory - Rupert Sheldrake stuff.
Yes, the morphic field and all-- it doesn't seem entirely far-fetched-- the concept of DNA/ancestral memory, and the existence of a collective unconscious that undulates beneath our world and bleeds into our dreams (in odd, nonsensical ways) and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan
I had this reoccurring dream when I was a kid, and it went like this: I would be outside in an empty lot filled with short cut grass in some neighborhood somewhere in a city. I would look up into the sky to see a giant planet, it wasn't like any planet I knew. It wasn't Jupiter or Saturn, just a huge blue planet in the sky. In the dream everyone stopped what they were doing at the time and came outside to see it. I remember them coming out of their houses and their cars. They gathered in this grassy lot in a crowd to look up at the sky. In the dream the planet's gravity was strong enough it could lift people off the ground and I would see them float into the air till they disappeared. The thing I remember most was I felt like I could fly in the dream. I could fell gravity pulling me up. I would stop dreaming when I got about five or ten feet off the ground. I thought maybe the feeling of flying could be a inner ear thing, so maybe that could be explained. The strange thing is (because I found this out years after I had the dream) there are actually people who believe in a planet that will pass near the Earth, some people call it "Planet X" and others call it "Nibiru." I always wonder about that. It's not only a dream I had, but it's actually part of the stuff the paranormal community believes in. I find that part fascinating.

Interesting... Do you (or anyone else reading this, really) have any other recurring dreams? I feel some of those are bound to be psychologically significant in some way or another.
Planet X! :0 The Nibiru craze was huge in the UFO/conspiracy communities ten years ago-- some still seem to be clinging onto it. (I always wonder how they'd interpret Lars von Trier's Melancholia)
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote