Music Banter - View Single Post - Last Bought
Thread: Last Bought
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #2124 (permalink)
kibbeh
kibbeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
no. if you listen to him speak he makes a clear distinction between the different religious groups under the umbrella. he never says that all muslims are the enemy or anything along those lines, but i do also think that there are some right-wing no minds who spin his words to help them prech their anti-muslim rhetoric.

he has also clarfied hundreds of times (literally) that he is not discussing every muslim, but he cannot make the distinction every time it comes up. people should be able to understand that he does not mean every single muslim.
no

you listen to him speak

Quote:
Most important of all - to me - is the fact that Harris has used his views about Islam to justify a wide range of vile policies aimed primarily if not exclusively at Muslims, from torture ("there are extreme circumstances in which I believe that practices like 'water-boarding' may not only be ethically justifiable, but ethically necessary"); to steadfast support for Israel, which he considers morally superior to its Muslim adversaries ("In their analyses of US and Israeli foreign policy, liberals can be relied on to overlook the most basic moral distinctions. For instance, they ignore the fact that Muslims intentionally murder noncombatants, while we and the Israelis (as a rule) seek to avoid doing so. . . . there is no question that the Israelis now hold the moral high ground in their conflict with Hamas and Hezbollah"); to anti-Muslim profiling ("We should profile Muslims, or anyone who looks like he or she could conceivably be Muslim, and we should be honest about it"); to state violence ("On questions of national security, I am now as wary of my fellow liberals as I am of the religious demagogues on the Christian right. This may seem like frank acquiescence to the charge that 'liberals are soft on terrorism.' It is, and they are").
he is vile

torture is disgusting, profiling is disgusting, israel, if you look at its history and at the facts INTENTIONALLY targets civilians and is ethnically cleansing an entire population and is the farthest thing from being a moral state. criticizing muslim countries is absolutely fine but doing so just to try and make excuses for israel is disgusting. there is NO excuse for murder.

i dislike him because he has ****ty views and opinions

i mean idc this won't change my opinion of u but i didn't take u for a sam harris cock sucker tbh :/
kibbeh is offline   Reply With Quote