Music Banter - View Single Post - Hi From Portugal!
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
user19950327
Groupie

Default Hi From Portugal!

Hi everyone =)

My name is André and I'm 21! I live in Lisbon and music here is good! Lots of good indie bands trying to make it in the scene. I play a bit of guitar, but I'd say I make better music with a computer!

Lately I've been listening a lot of IDM, vaporwave and chillwave, but I enjoy any kind of music !

I'm a huge fan of Aphex Twin, Odesza, Tycho, Vektroid. Aphex Twin and Tycho are coming to Portugal this year, and hopefully that will be the first time I'll have a real music live experience. =)

So, if you'd like to have a listen, here are some great portuguese artists:

FADO:
Amália Rodrigues - Barco Negro (Amazing voice. Lyrics are just as beautiful)
Zeca Afonso - Grândola Vila Morena (One of the most important compositions of our history. This is considered the hymn of our freedom after the 25th of April)
Carlos Paredes - Verdes Anos (If you want to hear what a portuguese guitar sounds like, by the hands of a true master. That first riff is just... wow.

POP ROCK
António Variações - Estou Além (An amazing artist who modernized portuguese music with his avant-gard style and an ingenious capacity to combine traditional portuguese music with that 80s pop feeling.)
Heróis do Mar - Só Gosto de Ti (The 80s again, in our way! A great love song!)

Give a listen! If you have any of your own, share it please!

P.S. Wow, the last time I used vBulletin was in 2008! Almost 10 years later, it feels like home. I love it =)
user19950327 is offline   Reply With Quote