Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 11:25 AM   #43161 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Last night some awful dumpster of a women came up to me and demanded that I stop playing Elwan, the new album from Tinariwen. I told her no and she just repeated "Stop. Playing. This. Awful. Music." which made me ask her why it was awful. She asked me why we would even think of playing this kind of music and that she doesn't want to hear it. Obviously she was trying to get her point across without outright saying it's because it sounded middle eastern. I told her the band was from North Africa, that they're Taureg people, not from the Middle East, that the album just so happened to be in Barnes and Noble's in store play list, and that I won't be turning it off. She told me she won't shop at BN anymore because we're obviously a bunch of biased left wing *******s. Her words. I told her to have a nice day.

So...

I have two straight shifts in the music department next week and I'm going to play non-stop Tinariwen and other similar sounding albums. Anybody have suggestions? I have a lot of things in mind but I'd like to hear from you guys too.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote