Music Banter - View Single Post - Funtasmagoria: Trollheart's History of Cartoons
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 06:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
My response was more relating toward the fact that TH is really getting monotonous with his journal ideas. This could easily fit into his Couch Potato journal.
I find it mildly amusing that you seem to take offence every time I open a new journal, but never comment further than that. In other words, you see a new journal from me, you post your sneering comment about how unnecessary you think it is, and that's the last we ever hear of you. You never post anything meaningful after that, never join in. I have to admit, it comes across as really spiteful. Doesn't bother me, as such, but I'd prefer you to keep comments like that to yourself. What does it matter to you if I have a hundred journals (target set for 2020!) as long as the mods approve them and don't have a problem with me having all these journals? After all, at least when I open a journal I stick at it, unlike so many of the half-begun ones you have started yourself and then dumped when you lost interest. I'm not saying they weren't good ideas, but when I have an idea I generally see it through.

Not that I need to explain, but for the sake of clarity I will. Here are my thought processes that led to this journal.

1. I was writing the review for Jaws in my film journal, and thinking about going Pixar next.
2. I checked and found that, despite what I had initially thought, there are only 17 Pixar movies, and many of these are sequels, even sequels to sequels.
3. I thought then why not do all the Disney ones too?
4. That led to a thought about cartoons.
5. I then thought I'd do that in The Couch Potato, obviously, but once I decided it was going to be a history of cartoons, and given that I am working on new material for The Couch Potato, in particular Game of Thrones coverage, I didn't want to take over the journal with this new history, nor did I want to just do it piecemeal, fitting it in where I could.
6. I briefly considered doing the "journal-within-a-journal" thing I did with Excelsior! in my comics journal, but that wouldn't work for a history.
7. The only option then open to me was a new journal.

tl;dr: I've no problem with you not liking, or being interested in, my journals, Ki, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't post your snarky comments in them. It helps nobody, makes you look bitter and petty, and in the long run, it's certainly not going to make me stop creating new journals. So it's just a waste of your time, time you could perhaps spend better looking after your own journals, nomsayin?