Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #79 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Modern shoegaze is definitely a serious pleasure of mine. The thing is though, it has to meet a certain criteria for my ear to be something I go back to. The perfect albums are something that just resonate with how I look and feel about the world. That sort of hazy dreamy wash over feeling is very nostalgic for me and I like feeling the way I do when I have an album like Creepoid's self titled or Loveless by MBV. That being said, this album is REALLY close to capturing those feelings for me. The songs aren't just distortion and fuzzy guitar licks. Each song has certain unique aspects and the guitar tones match perfectly with the mood for each track. The Greatest Fall is a perfect example of how the album changes from driving riffs and fuzz to an almost Hawaiian peach fuzz dream sequence. The female vocals are also just perfect for this style of music. Again, Creepoid is like one of my favorite bands ever and one of the reasons is Anna Troxell. Her voice just has this soothing psychedelicness to it and I get the same joy from listening to this album.

I love it TH. Love it. It'll be played by me for a long time. Thanks for introducing it to me.

10/10
*criterion