Music Banter - View Single Post - Jazz Playlist
Thread: Jazz Playlist
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Snazzy Armstrong
Groupie

Hi Xseven!

I know it has been a while since you posted, but I just joined this forum website a moment ago...

Here are some examples for your Jazz playlist. Jazz has many sub-genres, so I'll give you the widest variety I can think of. These are songs intended just for "chilling." I love all of these pieces.

-New Orleans Jazz-
Amen - Preservation Hall Jazz Band
Bourbon Street Parade - various artists

-Jazz standards-
Autumn Leaves - various artists
Stella by Starlight - Miles Davis

Any piece by The Rat Pack (Sinatra, Davis, Martin): My Way, They Can't Take That Away from Me...

Louis Armstrong is my favorite artist: What a Wonderful World, Mack the Knife, C'est Si Bon, Let's Call the Whole Thing Off (this is the song that popularized the phrase "Tomato, Tomah-toe, Potato, Potah-toe" )

Glenn Miller and his big band: In the Mood, Tuxedo Junction
Benny Goodman and his big band: Sing Sing Sing, Stompin' at the Savoy, Memories of you

Miles Davis: Summertime, All blues, So What, Someday my prince will come

Herbie Hancock: I like his Funk years - Chameleon, Watermelon man, Cantaloupe Island.

-Bebop- For those who don't know: Bebop is a fast-paced, energetic, highly technical and virtuoso Jazz style, popularized during the 1940s and 50s.
Dizzy Gillespie: Salt Peanuts, Caravan, Umbrella man
Fats Navarro: Going to the Minton's
Charlie Parker: Donna Lee, Now's the time, My Little Suede Shoes

This is a starting point I haven't written about mixed genres such as Latin Jazz, European Jazz etc.

I hope you enjoy the music!
Snazzy Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote