Music Banter - View Single Post - 4chan, memes, language, Trump, alt-right, etc.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 01:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks View Post
Yes, yes, we have a thread that has touched on these topics, but the 'What did Trump do now' thread has become unwieldy.

https://medium.com/@DaleBeran/4chan-...8cb#.9ah3d27fp

The article above, while not exactingly correct in it's timeline of 4chan, raises some very interesting points about the sociological motivations behind a lot of the trolling "culture" that has grown exponentially. As a former 16 year angsty troll, I absolutely thought that women would never want anything to do with me, that metal music and video games were solely the domain of men, and that casually saying 'f@g' or 'whore' as insults were funny and shouldn't be construed as sexist or homophobic. Some strong cognitive dissonance there, huh?

But I was also 16, and have grown far past such myopia. The question is, why haven't others? I know we have some MAGA/MRA types on the board, and I would appreciate some honest discussion about the points raised in the article. I legitimately have a list, but let's see if things come up organically.
How is this group relevant to a discussion about Donald Trump or any of the other things mentioned?

I skimmed through the article. It seemed a little silly and jumped to quite a lot of conclusions but maybe it went deeper than I understood from a brief viewing. I'd like the list you mentioned, either in PM (I'd respond directly) or as a spoiler (my return would also come as a spoiler).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote