Music Banter - View Single Post - 4chan, memes, language, Trump, alt-right, etc.
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 12:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

Spoiler for questions:
1. Why do the President's priorities, and the priorities of the alt-right in general, seem to be focused on preventing people of color from entering the USA? You are more likely to be killed by a member of your own race, or to die in traffic than at the hands of a terrorist. If my perception is wrong, please explain how the "Muslim ban" is not a Muslim ban.

Segments of the Alt-Right do go into white nationalism and identity. There's no evidence that these beliefs extend to Trump's administration. If Mexicans and people in the middle east where as white as paper, the same policies would be proposed. We can call it "Islamophobia" and whatever you call disliking Mexicans irrationally, or look into other reasons why people and a President would want to take those actions but, as I said, there's nothing that links these actions to race.

3. Phrases like 'All Lives Matter' and the MRA campaign seem to think that by focusing on one group of problems (disproportionate policing of minorities, gender inequality), you must ignore others. Do you agree with this sentiment? If so, why?

Most of the issues MRA's talk about are ignored, so it's just a matter of living in reality.

4. Conservatives dislike, rightfully so, to be painted with same brush. Fringe elements are not representative of the whole. Both sides are guilty of simplification, but as I'm asking the question, I'll focus on the one that matters to me: Do you believe that 'social justice' as a concept is bankrupt? Do you agree that white men have a privileged position in American society? If not, why? If so, how do you distinguish your position from that taken by so-called SJW's?

I believe that the word "justice" is fine all by itself. As soon as you start tagging words at the beginning or end of perfect concepts, you open up a worm hole. Going from pure truth and morality, to coerced and ideological ways of dealing with things.

Privileged people have a privileged position in American society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote