Music Banter - View Single Post - 4chan, memes, language, Trump, alt-right, etc.
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks View Post
But I was also 16, and have grown far past such myopia.
No, you haven't. Using "myopia" the way you used it is a slight to people who struggle with the medical condition of "myopia."

"Myopia" is the medical term for near-sightedness. The problem of not seeing things clearly objects at a distance due to the refractive error caused by the shape of the eye. "Myopia" is something you can't outgrow, it's something you have for the rest of your life, and for some people it's something that develops later in life. It's a handicap to have it, definitely not one of the worst handicap to physically deal with. However it's one of those handicaps that people feel free to bully, insult, mock or tease a person who has "myopia." Thinking that way at the age of sixteen didn't cause you to wear glasses and as a result be mocked because of wearing them.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote