Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 05:29 PM   #18889 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post

Manchester by the Sea

right from the get go i had feelings of "In the Bedroom" but i really was not prepared for such an emotionally crushing film. This is an enthralling and amazing film....i was pulled into it directly from the start and it stuck with me for several hours after....wonderful performances from everyone in it....but this one is heavy....i mean really heavy...i honestly don't think i will ever watch it again just because of how incredibly demanding it is....still an amazing script that may with amazing performances by the entire cast
Completely agree. Casey Affleck couldn't have played that character any better. And the interplay between him and Hedges was amazing every step of the way. I love these types of small town films with lots of quiet times but with so many layers of scar tissue simmering right below the surface.

"I can't beat it. I just can't".

Totally deserved all of the accolades.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote