Music Banter - View Single Post - 4chan, memes, language, Trump, alt-right, etc.
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 09:48 AM   #52 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Is it wrong when people jokingly or hyperbolicly call themselves OCD when they like things to be organized but dont acutally have the condition?
Like everything, people will talk about it jokingly. I tend to say I have OCD because of the way I like to arrange things in a certain way. It doesn't HAVE to be that way: I don't freak out or go rock quietly in the corner when the order is not correct, but I usually try to do things a certain way. I do say "OCD or what?" but I don't think I suffer from OCD. OLD more likely! If I said it in front of someone who did have OCD (and I didn't know that) I would feel embarrassed, but like other words we use - You're a cancer, that's gay, that album is an abortion etc - I think as long as there's no intention to undermine, laugh at or trivialise the condition then it's ok to do it. Probably not advisable, but I wouldn't be shocked if someone did it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I once asked a friend of a friend I saw in public if he had Tourette's because he kept intermittently twitching. He was on meth.
Did he rob it from Tourette though? Cos then you would have been right...