Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you Writing now?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 05:59 PM   #154 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Personally, I never remember my dreams. I usually have a vague idea just before wakefulness asserts itself, but by the time I'm fully awake I've forgotten the dream, and I know (with a very hazy recollection) some of them have been epic. I did get an idea for a story once from one, but I never went ahead with it.

Yes, that Dozier School seems/seemed a horrible place. My sister watched a documentary on it not so long ago. Very harrowing, I believe.

Finally, you should include in your list of famous/slightly eccentric/completely off the charts women Countess Bathory...
Oh, of course! I mainly would want to focus on slightly lesser-known women, (Lord Byron's paramour Lady Caroline Lamb comes to mind) but Bathory is a must.
There's also some old Hollywood stars I could include-- Tallulah Bankhead, maybe.

This is the most recent report I could find on the Dozier school; so many remains are still unidentified. But that was only one of countless abusive reform schools that existed back then, so I am ultimately not surprised.
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote