Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 06:07 PM   #43387 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

In terms of the nighttime slime issue (hey, that has a nice ring to it! *suave dj voice* Nighttiime sliiime) .. Dehumidifiers help, as do giant fans pointed directly at your face plus sleeping naked on satin sheets-- those tend to feel cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
The worst is when the humidity is unbearable but the sky is grey and cloudy and it could rain any minute.
Nuh-uh, that's the best in fact because STORMS!!!!!!! Ooh, and pre-tornado weather is the best. (The ominous green glow! The stillness! My neighbors who stand in the street and stare at the sky as though they think they can personally scare it away!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock View Post
I'd take a picture of the woods in my backyard but it's too dark out right now! I love the greenery around here.

This post is expertly written as well! The heat does get AWFUL here so I understand that. I do remember a few years back though I was at one of my brother's soccer games and got bored so I sat in the car. Within a few minutes I curiously started feeling odd, then looking down realized I was drenched in sweat. I suppose I've become immune to NC's weather, lmao. The old VU line is definitely true. "Who just got back from Carolina/She said she didn't like the weather" It seems like it changes every damn day here, it's insufferable and you can never get used to the abrupt changes in temperature and humidity.

Texas, how it is in my mind, has a certain appeal to it as well, but I suppose it's mostly screen-fed. Stringed lantern lit outdoor diners at dusk, with intimate live Americana playing, people softly chatting away, deeply enamored in each other and with life. This image alone would make me move to Austin if that was truly the case.
Oh, I hear Austin is just lovely-- I've only ever been there briefly, for one night, and your description is not far off! (Which is likely why everyone is flocking there; I hear it's become very expensive with truly awful traffic) Based on everything I've heard, it's quite a unique and enjoyable place to live. There's even drive-in movie theaters there, I think! :0

North Texas is terrible, however--the cities, anyway.

Texas is prone to equally strange and unpredictable weather. I preferred Louisiana despite the mugginess. Oh, are there lots of rivers and lakes to swim in over there in NC? Night-swimming is wonderful. Especially slightly drunken night-swimming.
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote