Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 09:22 PM   #43404 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Linda got a job!!!!!
CONGRATS, Chula! Awesome news. And I've similar thrills to share with MB!

I’ve kept it under the radar but my job is killing me and I finally took ownership of my situation and realized that it’s all downhill from here unless I take action. I put together a monstrous resume and tonight I applied to fill an opening for a senior IT position with one of the world’s largest tech distributors.

I’ve spent my whole life in the print industry, but all that’s left is a hollow, empty shell of a once-great market. The work environment at my small company is psychologically toxic and thankless and I doubt the company will stay in business if I wait it out much longer.

I have two contacts at the new company - a family friend who worked there for over 30 years, and a relative, the former drummer for Lou Gramm before Foreigner who has been working there happily for many years. Hopefully, they can help me out.

The resume is all killer no filler - an impressive roster of successes directly in the field of IT and communication. And the starting pay is nearly double my present income. It’s a huge career move but I’m not going to let this opportunity pass me by.

If this all works out, I promise you all that I’ll publish the two and a half months’ worth I've written of A Classy B*stard from Nine to Five member journal that I hinted at earlier showcasing all the insanity of the former workplace.

Wish me luck, everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote