Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 10:23 PM   #43407 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post
CONGRATS, Chula! Awesome news. And I've similar thrills to share with MB!

I’ve kept it under the radar but my job is killing me and I finally took ownership of my situation and realized that it’s all downhill from here unless I take action. I put together a monstrous resume and tonight I applied to fill an opening for a senior IT position with one of the world’s largest tech distributors.

I’ve spent my whole life in the print industry, but all that’s left is a hollow, empty shell of a once-great market. The work environment at my small company is psychologically toxic and thankless and I doubt the company will stay in business if I wait it out much longer.

I have two contacts at the new company - a family friend who worked there for over 30 years, and a relative, the former drummer for Lou Gramm before Foreigner who has been working there happily for many years. Hopefully, they can help me out.

The resume is all killer no filler - an impressive roster of successes directly in the field of IT and communication. And the starting pay is nearly double my present income. It’s a huge career move but I’m not going to let this opportunity pass me by.

If this all works out, I promise you all that I’ll publish the two and a half months’ worth I've written of A Classy B*stard from Nine to Five member journal that I hinted at earlier showcasing all the insanity of the former workplace.

Wish me luck, everyone!
They'd be insane not to hire you; good luck! c:
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote