Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 02:39 AM   #11787 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
Does anyone else ever experience that thing where it suddenly hurts to inhale deeply? It's a sharp pain in the left chest area, (but only when breathing deeply) which radiates slightly behind the heart area toward my back. It's much worse when laying down-- excruciating almost which makes sleeping impossible. Googling it hasn't been super helpful. (Usually it brings up minor conditions involving inflammation of the lining of the lungs..?)I get it every so often, and it typically lasts anywhere from 30 minutes to 24 hours. It's quite miserable, because it hurts to merely sit up or shift positions or move my arms.
Yeah I think I know what you mean but you sound like it affects you far worse.

Basically you can inhale up to a point but when your lungs reach a certain capacity the stabbing pain appears and it hurts too much to breathe through it so you exhale.

I don't get it often, and it can appear out of nowhere but what I do is try to increase the lung capacity slightly each time I breathe. It's gone within five or ten minutes. 24 hours would be agony, have you seen your GP?
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote