Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter Members' Journals Monthly Update Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 01:10 PM   #956 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
I mean, if you want to strip all creativity away from this weekly update, then yeah, you'll get all the reviews you want. But when it's TH's idea in the first place, the last thing anyone should do is tell him that it lacks in creativity and is disappointing. If you'd rather it be different, make a thread just like this one and update it weekly.
Hi-dilly-ho, neighborino! Ah, that would be plagiarizing that idea so the answer to that is a 'no.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I would point out that, yes, there was a large comedy element in it, but I still made sure to include everyone's articles as best I could. I'm not sure what else I could have done, had this been just a "normal" update. I don't tend to go, as you know, deeply into anyone's articles anyway. I just give a basic idea/name-check normally, so I'm not sure what you're so upset or disappointed about. It's not as if I completely ignored everyone's journals and just ran a comedy article. And I ran all the usual sections too. Also, I've had a very sad and testing time, leading to my absence from here for a while. I wanted something to make me laugh, as well as everyone else. In general it looks like it worked, so I won't be apologizing because a few people didn't enjoy it.

And I'll be doing it again this week.
Believe me, I understand that even before you said it, and again I sympathize with you in your situation.

The very instant I saw it was Ned Flanders and it wasn't C Montgomery Burns is the very moment I became disappointed. I just saw it as you Flandering a perfectly good opportunity to be another Simpsons character, that's all. I really don't know if Ned Flanders is your forte. But the masses love it, with the exception of Violet and me of course. So carry on, Okily Dokily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Is this argument still going on?
It's not an argument per se but more of a clarification of one's opinion which is seemingly being misrepresented on a constant and regular basis.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote