Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 05:18 PM   #258 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

My Review

Is it possible to effectively pisstake metal?

Me on a road trip with the type of metal head who only wants to listen to metal. All metal all the time. 10 hours. Windows rolled up tight not to waste the smoke. More weed lit up every 20 minutes or so. Very loud metal blasting the whole time. Stoned as all hell. Me driving. Metal too loud to talk. Creepier and creepier my head got as the trip moved on. The last cassette still echoing through my head while the current one blasted. Sick of metal. But then it's back. Metal still creeps me out. Even this album that parodies itself and goes all over the place. I think cranked up real loud it's still potent enough to genuinely do your head in. And, too, 1988. This my not be Napalm Death but damn this was on the vanguard people. I think it holds up.

I will say that I wanted to choose something that would be fun to review. It's not necessarily an endorsement but I do give it 4 out 5 stars. It's fun, creepy, juvenile, pre-90's irony.

I wanted to choose a metal record. My first two choices were Kilslug and Upside Down Cross but they aren't on Spotify. Then I thought Goat Penis but didn't like the stuff on Spotify for reviewing purposes. Then I thought Hate Forest or Acid King but wanted something more assailable. I remembered the old classic Earache Grind Crusher compilation and decided on this. I hope at worst it was amusing.

I think this stuff is worth knowing: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Plotkin
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote