Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #2958 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post

I get your point that Chula is addicted to recreational outrage and this bull**** distracts people from even more serious matters, but it still effects you and should worry you a bit that we have a president that makes our government look weak, vulnerable, unpredictable and dangerous to other countries.
Not so much addicted but quite a bit vested. My wife and I will both turn 57 this year. I'm terrified that Paul Ryan now has a majority to try to get his policy of privatizing SS and Medicare through. I have two adult children who I worry about. Maintaining a good relationship with China allows me to have a job. My home value is very high and stable right now. Worst case we could sell our house, outright buy a smaller place in a less nice part of town, and still have a boatload of cash in the bank to survive on.

Unlike some of you, all of this day to day stuff matters to me very much. If any of it goes south in a very bad way it could seriously **** me over.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”