Music Banter - View Single Post - Play any instruments? *would you like to? (if you don't)
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 11:12 PM   #898 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Banjos and accordions are fun as hell and relatively easy to learn if you have experience with playing stringed or keyed instruments. The dulcimer type instruments are also awesome and really fun but be warned that they run the risk of lack of variation with the fret placement. Of course, like anything you can become a G at that instrument.
I feel like I am obsessive enough by nature to be able to learn whatever. Hopefully. Accordions and banjos do look like a lot of fun. It seems the cheapest santoors are $300, which seems reasonable enough (However I still have no clue what instrument I should start with; I will have to research more)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock View Post
If you learn the banjo we'll start an Americana group if I move to Austin
We all should just move to Austin already!
I would love to be in a doom-folk band, personally.

Oh, and since you like Red House Painters, I feel I should mention this somewhat embarrassing factoid: I once recorded a toy piano cover (because a regular piano would not have sounded pitiful enough, I guess) of Mistress and put it on the internet. Actually there were two toy pianos (and ghostly layered vocals) involved. Thankfully it's long gone!
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote