Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 05:38 PM   #19131 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post
She has a desk job working for the police. She receives police reports and keys them into a database. She's explained that the actual work takes up about 15-20 minutes of her 8-hour shift, so she plays on her phone and watches soaps the rest of her work day. (No one cares - it's a government job.) The upshot of this glorious position is that, as she describes, she gets to see a lot of the prisoners as they're being brought in, and according to her they flirt with her incessantly.

I find this dubious, as she's frightfully revolting, but perhaps junkies and prisoners have lower expectations.

Sidenote - these are not murders and serial killers... she went on at length today about how a lot of the people they bring in are idiots filing phony police reports to get themselves arrested because they're bored and can't think of anything better to do.

...damn, I live in an abysmal city.
On a side note, that sounds like a career tailor made for Ol' Batty. Not the horny prisoners, the not doing anything for seven hours and forty minutes and getting paid.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote