Music Banter - View Single Post - TV programmes from your childhood/youth
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 12:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

I, too suffered through Timmy the Tooth. I have been DYING to see Children of the Stones ever since hearing the opening theme (because I regularly feel the need to listen to 1970s show opening themes on YT for whatever reason)

My long-term memory is terrible so I cannot remember all the others I endured, but, having been raised by the television, I watched lots of X-Files, Fraggle Rock, Wonder Years, Star Trek, terrifying disaster docudramas like Rescue 911, Xena, Ren & Stimpy and Nick at Nite. And also Gargoyles, Gullah Gullah Island, Moomins (I love moominland with all my heart) and TMNT, but only at friends' houses, sadly.

Anyway here's some very formative scenes:

(I am the pigeon man)

(^Me in 20 years, probably)

TO THIS DAY I am afraid of the very top/bottom of escalators and insist upon awkwardly hopping over it.
(But every Rescue 911 episode was absolute gold. And William Shatner hosted it for some reason??)

I can't find my favorite Are You Afraid of the Dark episode on the youtube but it's here in full-- the dollhouse episode :0

...Does anyone remember those MTV (or VH1?) dating shows that were on in the 90s..? I fervently watched them; I believe one was hosted by Jenny McCarthy, and toward the end of each episode, all the female contestants had to pluck out one of their eyelashes, and.. whoever had the longest one won, I think? So, 9-year-old me began to think that this was a common and acceptable courting ritual. And 12-year-old me loved the Tom Green show for its borderline-unwatchable surrealist horror-type humor.

Last edited by Chiomara; 03-10-2017 at 12:28 PM. Reason: redundancy
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote