Music Banter - View Single Post - Bitesize: Trollheart's Daily Album Mini-Reviews
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 11:37 AM   #298 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Artiste: Gazpacho
Nationality: Norwegian
Album: Firebird
Year: 2005
Label: Racket Records
Genre: Progressive Rock
Tracks:
Vulture
Symbols
Swallow
Orion I
Orion II
Prisoner
Jezebel
Black widow
Firebird
Do you know what you are saying?
Once in a lifetime
Chronological position: Third album
Comments: One of the albums made before Gazpacho signed to a major label, this has the often dour tone of their records, though it is more uptempo than say Missa Atropos. It's the old problem though: I can never remember any of these songs. I'm pretty sure I liked the album – wasn't anything on it I didn't like, anyway – but I would be hard-pressed to point to one specific track and say what I liked about it, and later on I won't even remember the album. I could play it again right now and it would all sound new. It's almost like nothing is going in, and it's not me, because I've reviewed god knows how many albums now here, and though some do occasionally pass me by, there is always that one track that stands out. But here: nothing. Weird, as I do like these guys, but I could not hum or sing or even remember one single track from any of the, now four, albums of theirs I have listened to. This has led to me being unable to assign the album a rating or rate any of the tracks. Yeah: a few days after I had written this review I came across one of the tracks in a shuffled playlist; I hit NEXT. That's not good, is it?
Intention: I'll keep plugging away, trying to get into their music. It ain't easy though.