Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 07:47 PM   #374 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Getting Back - Bat-Bike (2016)

Well I guess I'm first at bat again. My firsts thoughts were The Velvet Underground then Throbbing Gristle/Psychic TV then The Dead C. Then I thought to myself why am I so hellbent on pidgeonholing this band. What is it about post-post-punk or neo-post-punk or whatever you want to call it that makes me less forgiving than traditionalists of other genres? Really, I don't know. I can't remember the band but I remember an interview with a newer post-punk band and they were getting compared unfavorably to Sonic Youth and accused of ripping off this band and that band and one of them finally said we don't give a **** we're just a ****ing band playing the style of music we want to play. I was already enjoying this record but once I decided to accept this record for what it is instead of trying to put an expiration date on the sound I really got the feel that this is a band that enjoys being a band and it shows. And I really like the way the album ends up on a kind of anthem. A very positive 4 out of 5 stars.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote