Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 09:29 AM   #3222 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Lobbyist Podesta Got $170K To End US Sanctions On Russia | The Daily Caller

Sorry if this has already been posted, and I tried to find a source like the BBC or another left leaning site. But this is super fun.

Hard to have much faith in a website with such poor copy-editing ('think' and non-possessive Clintons and Podestas). I also loved the use of the term 'super-lobbyist' what with Trump's cadre being all about 'draining the swamp'.

Skimmed the article - the links don't make the strong case the article thinks they do (for instance, the fourth link takes you to a search bar - Podesta, Sberbank, Tony Podesta return no results, I don't know what I should be searching for). And without pointing the reader to exactly what they should be understanding from those links, it's pretty clear the jargon is there to obfuscate things.

We're also forgetting some of the context here. I don't think Tony Podesta was employed by the Clinton campaign. Lobbying on behalf of Russian banks (also, Cyprus and Luxembourg, but it's not as sexy to call those out) probably immediately puts you in a moral grey area, but it's hard to see the straight line from this behavior to excusing Manafort or Flynn's interactions as implied and definite, respectively, representatives of the State.

If there is something in this article I'm not getting, please point it out. Always willing to take a look at something from another perspective.