Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 08:50 AM   #3272 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Your expressed beliefs put you far on the right economically speaking as compared to the beliefs of the majority of the Democratic world

In fact, you are right wing just by American standards, centrist my ass

I don't know your stances on social issues
Maybe you'll eventually figure it out when you've lived a little longer, but the more time you spend dealing with government (which I have), the more conservative you become. I was far left in high school through college. Once I got out into the real world and actually started running into government through my business, I became convinced (if nothing else) that they're far more incompetent than you could ever dream of. I have absolutely no faith at this point that the government will ever be able to efficiently create the kind of overarching social safety net the left would like to see while still affording Americans the autonomy that the right would like to see. Conservatives understand this, which is why they want the federal government to take a lesser role in the first place.

Social issues I'm still more left than right, since at the end of the day the government does need to take a prominent role of some kind in providing for the people. Whether or not those ideals actually WORK in reality, however, is the million dollar question. Europe, after all, still has it's fair share of problems and they're supposedly lightyears ahead of us when it comes to welfare.

The one thing I can tell you for sure is Communism will never work. Ever.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 03-19-2017 at 08:58 AM.