Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 08:58 AM   #43545 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Good luck.

Haven't you two married just a few months ago?
We've lived together for nearly 3 years but yes - we only wed about 7 months ago. The abuse and mental illness were present early on, but I remained patient (perhaps far longer than I should have) and was encouraging with the hope that she would seek counseling, medication, and be proactive to improve her situation.

Sadly, things only got worse after she moved in with me. And after a few of life's slings and arrows, she spiraled downward into severe mental illness, financial dependency, mania, rage fits, verbal abuse, a complete lack of hygiene, and generally stopped caring for herself.

I won't bore you with the gory details, but suffice it to say that she's been very sick for a long time and that the relationship has been irreparably unhealthy.

I've endured abusive relationships in the past - my last before the marriage was 7 years with a verbally and physically abusive hoarder who similarly let her life collapse and who was also completely financially dependent on me. I'm not going to wait through another 6 years of the same, and instead I'm taking the necessary action to better the circumstance for both myself and for my wife. This will force her to take responsibility for herself, to find a job, and to seek therapy.

I apologize for the mess. I'm tidying up presently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote