Music Banter - View Single Post - The Country, Folk & World Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 06:37 PM   #700 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

The virtues of Fedorov Leonid are still not coming through to me, grindy, but I really liked this song, especially when the unexpected slide guitar came in and the vocalist comes back with a cranked up attack on the words. I wonder what the band's name is in, you know, real writing not cyrilic script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Pretty sure I've already posted this at some point, but whatever, I'm all drunk, Russian and spammy.

And thanks for some more great clips, Chiomara. I haven't come across CKB before and I particularly liked the Devil Circle song and the one you included under their "Bester Quartet" name.

I've heard Tam Lin by Steeleye Span and Fairport Convention, but never singled it out in my mind as a song to particularly investigate. Both the versions you posted are beautiful in their different ways, and they prompted me to look at this page to see what the backstory was :- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tam_Lin

(No, don't really have any special sources for finding music, I'm afraid; perhaps like you, I just nose around and follow up on tips, so MB is actually a prime source!)

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 03-19-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote