Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 07:00 AM   #406 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

Bat-Bike - Getting Back

1. What were your VERY FIRST impressions on listening to the album, say from the first five minutes in?

I really like the first track. It has a sound that I have always enjoyed, kind of like progressive or droning swamp rock. I love gradually increased intensity over several minutes when done like this.

2. What did you think of the opening track?

Same as above, really liked it.

3. What did you think of the next track?

I thought we were gonna be in for a bit of a chill instrumental track - and would have been fine with that - but it kicks into gear after a few minutes. And I liked that even more.

4. Did you like the vocalist? Hate him/her? Any impressions? (see note 1)

I have enjoyed many vocalists in this style for a while and I guess he is added to the list.

5. Did the music (only) generally appeal to you, or not? (see note 2)

Yeah I love the music. The swampy garage vibe is my shit.

6. Did the album get better or worse as you listened to it (first time)?

I think this is my third time listening now, and maybe the the first time sober so I can't really compare the experience. But I know I have liked it every time.

7. What did you think of the lyrical content?

I'm not big on lyrics, but they certainly weren't off putting. Man shouting about silly things is my musical equivalent of glancing eye contact with a pretty girl.

8. Did you like the instrumental parts? (see note 3)

To my recollection there weren't too many instrumental parts outside of intros and outros. Maybe I am wrong, but as stated earlier I enjoyed the music. So I guess I will have enjoyed any instrumental sections.

9. What did you think of the production?

Seemed good.

10. Did you know of this artiste prior to listening to the album, and if so, did that foreknowledge colour your perception of this album?

Unless these guys are associated to other bands I am aware of, I can't say I knew anything about them.

11. Is this, generally, the kind of music you listen to or not?

Yeah I love this kind of shi.

12. Assuming you listened to the album more than once, on repeated listens, did you find you liked the album more, or less?

I would guess I enjoyed it more.

13. What would you class as your favourite track, if you have one?

I loved the first two. Alone on the A9 was another stand out for me

14. And the one you liked least?

I didn't really have a least favourite.

15. If the album in question is a debut, did that fact allow it, in your mind, any leeway, and if so, was that decision justified or vindicated? (see note 4)

Nope.

16. Are you now looking forward to hearing more from this artiste, if you have not heard any of their other material?

If they have other stuff I'll look for it. And hope they release more.

17. Were you surprised by your reaction - positive or negative - to the album?

Not really. Frown generally likes good music and I knew pretty much straight away that I would like it.

18. Did the album end well?

The last track is very good. But I do think the album would have been better if a few of the shorter tracks were cut in favour of longer more fleshed out versions of the better tracks.

19. Do you see any way the album could have been improved?

See above.

20. Do you think the album hung together well, i.e. was a fully cohesive unit, or was it a bit hit-and-miss?

Not necessarily "hit or miss", but the tracks became a bit less cohesive towards the end. But overall the sound is rather cohesive and the vibe resonates throughout.

8.5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote