Music Banter - View Single Post - summer/winter
Thread: summer/winter
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2006, 06:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber
I love winter, and I'm gonna skip a long rant about how much I love skiing, and get to other parts I love about winter. Everything always looks so pretty after a frost or snowfall, and I just love cold weather, not sure why.

however, now that I've found fun sports that I actually enjoy in the summer (cliff jumping, kayaking etc), I like summer a whole lot more. I love swimming (lakes, not pools), and I have to admit it's nice to be able to lounge around in your bathing suit for months at a time.

and merkeba, you get snow in new zealand, well maybe not where you are. where are you exactly?
Oh I know we get snow, but yeah I meant where I live. There aren't too many years where our skifields miss out on a big dumping. I live on the East Coast of the South Island, in a city called Christchurch. If you look on a map it's about half way down, just above the Peninsula that sticks out. I'm right along the coastline so you can imagine why I love summers and the beach.

I know where you're going is a pretty scenic place that usually always does well in the ski seasons. In general the West Coast of the South Island has worthwhile winters but yeah, apart from the bottom half of the South Island, the upper half of the East Coast usually misses out.