Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter Members' Journals Monthly Update Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 11:15 AM   #980 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
It isn't about finding fault, it was just constructive criticism since I've actually played the game and know about the topic that he was writing about. I'm sure he would take it better than you have and not see it as a bad thing.
Well maybe so, but as he says
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
Well besides that, I don't really understand the appeal of saying they read it, then going into another thread that's not really related to the post, and pointing out the faults. If people want to comment on the review, it should be done in the journal that provided the content.

I've got no problem with people pointing out faults, but doing it in this thread doesn't do anything or provide anything.
it really would make more sense to have commented there, in his journal, so that he knows not only that people are reading but that they're also commenting.

Anyway, whatever. I'm just saying that if I had, for instance, posted my first Game of Thrones entry and someone had reminded me that I had missed something out, I'd be a little pissed if that was all they were writing. If you're going to say "you left this out" then at least I think you should comment on the good parts too, otherwise it does just come across as nitpicking and a little unfair, considering the work he put in.

It always annoys me when I make a big long entry (shut up Batty: if only! ) and the only comment I get is a tl;dr or a stupid gif, so yeah, constructive criticism is fine, but I would do that within the framework of also pointing out the good parts in his review.