Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 06:15 AM   #420 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I thought we were just going to pass up people if they don't get it done on the weekend and then they have to review the new album once Monday rolls around.
We considered it, but there was opposition, as usual from Batty for one, so I decided not to implement it. Yet. It is getting a little silly at this point though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
thanks for the patience guys. I have one or two more nights working overtime drafting contract proposals. This is the first time i've ever been in this type of position and if we are awarded this business it will mean very good things for me. I'll post my thoughts on the last three albums withing the next couple of days.

personally i'd like to get my thoughts in on the last two albums. I'll use the template and put them in spoilers.
bob however is a good example of why we shouldn't just dismiss people who haven't reviewed in time, as he genuinely is busy but does want to contribute, so you can see an argument for this. More below...
Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Also, I don't mind the ratings template you have in the top post TH.

I usually rate my review at the end but I thought you were going to a simple like love meh system.

I will start rating them again.
I was, and am. It's just some people would say things like "Meh - 6/10" or "I like this: 3/10" and it's hard then to reconcile ratings with how they actually reacted, which is why I suggested the correlation above. I don't want someone saying "Hey! You said I hated that album! I gave it a 3, that's a meh at best!" etc..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
That looks like a good system to me. Pretty much the way I'd go with it, also.

I agree. Let's try to keep these reviews from overlapping.
Let's try to do that, guys. I mean, here we are, Tuesday, and we're still waiting on people to do an album which should have been finished by Sunday latest. That also leaves those people trying to review two albums by this Sat/Sun, in order not to fall further behind, and it screws up the dynamic, as people will shortly be talking about God Bullies. So if everyone can make an effort to listen and review before Saturday, or at worst Sunday, in future, that will help us all.

If anyone thinks it's worth revisiting the idea of strictly not allowing reviews after Sunday, I'm open to suggestions but I want to keep this friendly and not too rigid if I can, and I don't want to spoil anyone's enjoyment or experience of the club.
Thanks

(Awaiting sarcastic comment linked to Hitler picture from Batty...)