Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Showcase
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 11:19 PM   #2990 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
I released this EP today, moments ago actually lol. It's really personal stuff over midi pop and hip hop beats, and it's only 8mins long total so check it out and let me know what you think (i especially need feedback on mixing, I really just do my best with the little knowledge I have and call it good enough).

https://soundcloud.com/stepheniedarn.../fluoxetine-ep
I know a bit about mixing and mastering.

Edit: It sounds unmastered so I think a lot of what would make it sound better would be done during the mastering process. For mixing I typically make the drums the loudest compared to any other instrument and give them more bass. I think turning up the drums would help. And there is a lot of mid-tone sound in it, so I'd turn the mid-tones down a bit in eqing each track or input and maybe on the master too. I always add a little reverb to everything too. Just enough to where you can barely hear it if you are listening but not enough to wear it's obvious. That little reverb gives things a little more meat and makes them sound more full and less flat.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.

Last edited by Lucem Ferre; 03-22-2017 at 12:10 AM.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote